From Utah southern boarder to Capitol Reef National Park:
- A route needs to be built from the northern boundary of Kodachrome Basin State Park to Henrieville UT.
- The route I walked from Henrieville to Escalante was awesome and had plenty of water, but can this be moved south into the wilderness area south of highway 12. I ended up near highway 12 because I was concerned about water. I actually found tons of water along this route.
- A route needs to be built from the Boulder Mail Trail to the town of Boulder.
- A route from Boulder UT to Long Neck north west of town should be marked. This was a cool way to go. The route should skirt the private land surrounding Boulder.
- The Great Western Trail up on Boulder Mountain can use a logout and some brushing in areas.
From I-40 to Kamas Utah:
- Crawling through the scrub oak is brush hell as I reached the Skyline Drive. There was a trail on the map in the area but it was hard to follow. Rebuilding the trail as one climbs from I-40 to the Skyline drive would be awesome.
- The Skyline drive was awesome to walk, it is a major dirt road, but was enjoyable. If there are places to route a trail off the road this would be cool.
- On the north side of the Skyline where I descended to Spanish Fork wow did I have a brush crash, and the Utah State Patrol firing range I ran into by Thistle UT was interesting. There are a lot of opportunities here to reroute the trail. I was basically working towards Fifth Creek Hot Springs.
From Kamas Utah to Colorado:
- The route from Kamas to Vernal Utah over the Highline trail was wonderful. There is not much improvement needed other than typical existing trail maintenance. There is some dirt road walking heading into Vernal. Changes here to relocate the trail off the dirt road would be nice.